Monday 21 October 2013

Virasat: Afro-Asia's biggest cultural Fest

Virasat which means Heritage is a way through which "Reach" an NGO is helping out cultural heritage survive today's modern world.. From dances and Music to art of making pottery Virasat covers all of our culture..
I am proud of my Uncle- Mr. Lokesh Ohri who is the main organiser of the event!
We visit Virasat everytime.. Yesterday it was a family outing with my friend Anjali!
I bought things like a kurta, a small wodden box with a golden butterfly on it and the book I intend to read "Hamlet" by William Shakespere. We ate lots of things too from Pau Bhaji and Gol Gappe to Spring Roles!

There was a performance by Swanand Kirkire, an eminent lyricist of India who has gave hits like Ala Barfi, Behti Hawa Sa etc. it was a treat to ears to listen to him as he is a singer too!
There was a performance by Jasleen  Kaur who came on India's got Talent, indeed she is talented!
She sang in an Mtv music video, the song was in Punjabi..
I enjoyed the company of my little cousins! My 9 year old cousin Vinayak and I found chances and escaped to the bookstall, everyone kept calling us!:D

It was a wonderful experience for me!
 Swanand Kirkire performing
Credits for pic- Vinayak
 An Overview
One of the stalls

No comments:

Post a Comment