Monday 31 March 2014

Thoughts on poetry, and a new poem!

Heya..

I've been reading and writing poetry a lot, lately. I got inspired to do so by a scholastic book, "How to write poety". I read different forms of poems. Though, I've read free verse poems i.e. the poems which do not rhyme, I was never very interested in them. But I was very wrong, in thinking that free verse poems are not as good as rhyming poems. I have read a lot different poems on various topics, ranging from reading to solitude. Infact, I have written 2 free verse poems! (:

The first one is about a summer camp, that I went to in 2008, and it was a lot of fun. Here it is-

My days at summer camp

Making little X-mas trees,
From paper and confetti.
Splashing around the pool,
Floating and swimming.
Staining clothes
While making pottery.
Trying a hand
At basketball;
Winning silver medal
In badminton.
Putting my heart and soul on paper,
While I drew.
Whispering and giggling
While learning yoga.
Singing a song in chorus,
With the beats of congo.
Dancing on the
Latest dance number.
Roller-skating,
Round the rink.
A rude girl,
Like villian in the story.
A sweet friend,
A little younger than me.

4 comments: