Wednesday 19 February 2014

Morning: a poem

Hey everyone!

I just wrote a new poem recently, and I decided to share it.

Morning

The rustling of leaves in the morning breeze
The chirping of birds, high up in the trees.

The faint light of dawn spreading in the sky,
The view of clouds drifting by.

The noisy creaks of opening of doors.
Mothers getting up, to start homely chores.

Some children still in bed, groaning and grumbling.
Others running around, tripping and stumbling.

Sun ascends the horizon, starting a new day.
Some having a cup of tea or coffee, to get on their way.

People get ready for work, children wear their uniforms,
Everyone subconsciously following nature's norms.

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely poem :) Really like it!

    Cathy x
    http://whiskshooksandbooks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this! The rhyming is great! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I somehow like writing and reading poetry that's rhyming... otherwise I feel like I'm reading prose. ;P

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's nice to know that people from school recognize me too, I thought I was going to be lost in oblivion after joining Dps! ;D
      and, thanks!

      Delete
    2. Yes they do recognize you. If not, make them read this blog you write and I bet they will have to!

      Best. :)

      Delete
    3. That's a LOT of flattering! Well, thanks again!(;

      Delete